> Neither is ideal, but I prefer the first option a bit. If somebody needs
the documentation, it can be generated explicitly (gem rdoc).

3) Fixing the issue by yourself and sending the pull-request to rubygems project

You asked the upstream today, then if they are stumbling to fix it,
"3)" is a good way isn't it to promote fixing the issue isn't it?

Jun

On Thu, Dec 21, 2017 at 12:29 PM, Vít Ondruch <vondr...@redhat.com> wrote:

>>> "gem list" result is same for regular user's situation.
>>>
>>> I found the difference of the behavior between Upstream Ruby and Fedora
>>> Ruby.
>>> Case 2-1. does not install ri document by "gem install".
>> This is interesting. I remember to notice the shorter output, but I
>> didn't pay enough attention to it. Will take a look at it.
>>

> Apparently I have met this issue already:
>
> https://github.com/rubygems/rubygems/issues/1470
>
> So as long as upstream ignores this issue, there are just two options:
>
> 1) The documentation wont be installed by default.
> 2) The handling of default gems will be broken.
>
> Neither is ideal, but I prefer the first option a bit. If somebody needs
> the documentation, it can be generated explicitly (gem rdoc).
>

> Vít

Jun Aruga jar...@redhat.com
IRC: jaruga, Office: TPB(Technology Park Brno) Building C 1F, Brno,
Czech Republic