Hello Abdullah,

The reason that Rails Core Team did 6.0.2.1 and not 6.0.3 because 6.0.2.1
is pretty much a forked branch out of 6.0.2 with a security patch applied
on top of it.

In the past, the patched version came off a stable branch (such as
6-0-stable) and contain other changes that had unintended consequence such
as uncaught regression, breaking the applications and people had to
monkey-patch their Rails to get the security fix in instead of able to just
upgrade to the new version.

I believe this approach is the best of both world, as if you were on 6.0.2
you can be sure that your app should still work after upgrading to 6.0.2.1
as they are pretty much the same.

Maybe we need to add more documentation about the security version to our
guides, if we are missing the explanation on why we are doing it this way.

I hope this help.

-Prem