Thank you Prem for the explanation. I do understand it now. However, I'd
kindly like to raise a point.
In the documentation for the "patch" number, it says: "Only bug fixes, no
API changes, no new features. Except as necessary for security fixes."
I'm being extremely technical and specific, so bear with me :)

   1. As long as you're releasing a new version of software, there is a
   risk that something somewhere will break. It's hard (if not impossible) to
   guarantee that the software will run as expected after an upgrade, even if
   the change is a single line of code.
   2. According to the description for the patch version number, upgrading
   from rails A.B.C to A.B.(C+N) should work as expected unless it's
   absolutely necessary to break things due to security fixes.

Based on this, in this case, I think doing 6.0.3 or 6.0.2.1 should
technically mean the same thing.

I know it's "just a version number" and I might be overthinking this, but
for some reason this made me feel a little bit weird.

As you said, adding this to the guides might make me "at peace" (if there's
anything I could do I'd be happy to provide some help).

Again, thanks for hard work.