Ya we use ferret right now on our site.  It's ok, but it does segfault
about once a week.  It's not a huge deal I suppose, but doesn't make me
feel good.  Right now I'm evaluating switching to solr or sphinx.  It
would be nice to have the 'more like this' ability that AAF/Ferret has.
I didn't really see this feature with sphinx.  We would also like to be
able to write a custom sort method, which I haven't been able to do with
ferret.  I see there's an ability to do that with sphinx which looks
nice.

Anyways, can anyone recommend a sphinx plugin for Rails?
There's 3 so far that I found.  acts_as_sphinx, ultrasphinx, and
sphinctor. Are they all actively updated?

Thanks,
Ray