I'm using the regular _form.html.erb to create the record differently than
the regular form In my edited _form.html.erb there's a ui which the
controller in turn will use to populate the fields that normally would have
appeared in the form I should have given it a custom name instead of just
leaving it's name form, then i could have used it for editing With that
form all changed up instead I wrote a dedicated edit form in which the user
has access to the regular fields which would appear on the scaffold form
that were poulated by the controller (repeating myself) Of course I should
have left the original form alone and create a custom form instead of a
custom edit form Even still I'm curious why this behaves the way it does

<%= form_for @press_release, :url => update_user_press_release_path(method:
:patch, params[:artist_id]) do |f| %>

produces this html:

<form class="edit_press_release" id="edit_press_release_436"
action="/user/press_releases/436/edit" accept-charset="UTF-8"
method="post"><input name="utf8" type="hidden" value="&#x2713;" /><input
type="hidden" name="_method" value="patch" /><input type="hidden"
name="authenticity_token" value="..." />

the get that called the form was:
get: /user/press_releases/436/edit
and it's route is defined as:
get '/user/press_releases/:id/edit' => 'user_press_releases#edit', as:
'edit_user_press_release'
the custom patch route is:
patch '/user/press_releases/:id' => 'user_press_releases#update', as:
'update_user_press_release'