On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 1:25 PM, Peter <[email protected]> wrote:

> Hi i'm a beginner to ruby on rails and I am trying to start a tutorial
> but having trouble making sure ruby is in the right place. When i use
> the terminal and ask "which ruby" it comes back with  /usr/bin/ whilst
> I think i needs it to be in usr/local/bin but i don't know how to get
> it there. There is not even a bin folder in the local area at present.
> I am following these up to date installation instructions
>
> http://hivelogic.com/articles/compiling-ruby-rubygems-and-rails-on-snow-leopard
> but still can't get it in the local folder. ANy help would be very
> grateful.
>
> Regards Peter
>
>
Peter, if you're talking about moving the system installed Ruby, I would
recommend
against this action because this is installed by the OS.  Also, you do not
know what
service(s) depends on it.  However, I would recommend using Ruby Version
Manager
(RVM) to manage your Ruby installations.  Thus, you can find more
information about
RVM here:

http://rvm.beginrescueend.com

Good luck,

-Conrad


> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
> To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> [email protected]<rubyonrails-talk%[email protected]>
> .
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/rubyonrails-talk?hl=en.
>
>

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby 
on Rails: Talk" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/rubyonrails-talk?hl=en.

Reply via email to