Hey thanks for the help but i think i solved my problem now, I
downloaded the latest xcode and made sure i restarted the computer
before reinstalling everything, now says its in /usr/local/bin/ruby
where the the tutorial says it should be.


On Mar 23, 8:25 pm, Peter <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi i'm a beginner to ruby on rails and I am trying to start a tutorial
> but having trouble making sure ruby is in the right place. When i use
> the terminal and ask "which ruby" it comes back with  /usr/bin/ whilst
> I think i needs it to be in usr/local/bin but i don't know how to get
> it there. There is not even a bin folder in the local area at present.
> I am following these up to date installation 
> instructionshttp://hivelogic.com/articles/compiling-ruby-rubygems-and-rails-on-sn...
> but still can't get it in the local folder. ANy help would be very
> grateful.
>
> Regards Peter

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby 
on Rails: Talk" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/rubyonrails-talk?hl=en.

Reply via email to