Life may be much simpler for you when you scale if you use a nosql option,
at least for some things - redis for example is a great replacement for
large join tables (picture tags, user friends, etc.).  Also I've found that
good row-level caching (on one of our projects, 98.5% hit rate) is far
superior to multiple replicas.  In other words, you might try to find ways
to lighten up mysql if not replace it altogether.

Cheers,


Marc
--
getCloudCache.com

On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 4:50 PM, brianp <[email protected]> wrote:

> I wish I had known about this place before I paid for my current
> hosting =S . Unfortunately  I think I'll be staying with my current
> host until I see problems or at least start getting customers.
> As long as I keep scalability in ind through the whole process I
> should be okay. Prepping for multiple db's instances, and backend
> queuing I should be able to move anywhere and scale accordingly...
> right?
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
> To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> [email protected]<rubyonrails-talk%[email protected]>
> .
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/rubyonrails-talk?hl=en.
>
>

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby 
on Rails: Talk" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/rubyonrails-talk?hl=en.

Reply via email to