On 11/03/2013 11:10 PM, Martin DeMello wrote:
I've been looking at https://github.com/mozilla/rust/issues/6085 which
seems like it should be fairly simple to fix, however, the proposed
solution involves EnumSet from libextra.

Is it possible to use stuff from libextra within libstd? It seems to
me that it would set up a circular dependency, though that could just
be my misunderstanding the rust compilation model. If it is possible,
how would I do it? If not, what would be the proper fix for issue
#6085?

As others mentioned it's not generally possible, but just for curiosity's sake I'll point out that when running tests std *does* link to and use features from libextra. It's mind-bending and bad.

When we decide that std absolutely can't live without features from extra, then those features get promoted to std. The bar is pretty high though.