On 11/04/2013 03:09 PM, Gaetan wrote:
ok I understand, it will be like python which I really like the modularity. I'm beginning to play a little with std::os as my first rust programming, trying to add missing methods, etc, and I think this should quite strategic to move to libextra and then to be splitted appart, this would solve this cyclic dependency. What do you think about it?

Things like 'mkdir' are pretty important and are increasingly tied to our I/O subsystem (it just moved into std::rt::io::fs), so I don't think it should move out of standard. Since this issue of how to represent OR-able flags is pretty common, the consensus seems to be to clean up EnumSet and move it to std. If you're interested in tackling it I opened an issue specifically about the move https://github.com/mozilla/rust/issues/10272.

-----
Gaetan