On 11/19/13 9:42 PM, Tommi wrote:
Our problem is that, given let arg: ~A;, seeing only foo(arg) in code
doesn't tell us whether arg is moved or borrowed. The proposed solution
is that auto-borrowing in that context would be deprecated and thus
would require an explicit borrowing: foo(&*arg). Now, given that it
seems that the upcoming UFCS would simply re-write arg.foo() to
foo(arg), it would mean that seeing only arg.foo() in code doesn't tell
us whether arg is moved or borrowed. Thus, the proposed solution would
fix only half of the problem.

Again, I don't see this as an argument against the proposal. The dot operator is always magical. Magic on one place doesn't justify magic everywhere.

Patrick