I'm not talking about unsafe fields. (maybe I gave that impression? Sorry.)

That's how it is defined in the manual, sure, but the language is changing
:) Anyway, as mentioned before we don't need to use `unsafe` for non-memory
safety guarantees, if we define anothe attribute that genericises it.

-Manish Goregaokar