It seems natural to conflate memory (to which "unsafe" refers to uses
of) and types.

It might make sense to extend the terminology to types: perhaps
"bottom" could express a similar thing: that beyond which the compiler
is uncertain.

However, if we tried to extend this terminology directly into
higher-level statements like "secure" vs. "insecure", unless there's
actually a way to define requirements and get a compiler to prove a
program with a bunch of SQL queries is secure, I'm not comfortable
giving devs. a tool with which to lie to themselves.  :D

Kevin