Hello, Slavko!

Slavko <li...@slavino.sk> wrote:
 |Dňa Fri, 16 Feb 2018 22:54:27 +0100 Steffen Nurpmeso
 |<stef...@sdaoden.eu> napísal:
 |> hereby i announce S-nail v14.9.7, the "Marsh tit patiently
 |> scraping bark".
 |
 |I just compiled it (i maintain s-nail package for Funtoo Linux) and it

Hey!  I did not know that, great.  Thanks a lot for doing so!!

 |works. I meet only some warning. I know, that warnings are just
 |warning, but to be sure i will post them here, because they are only
 |two:

Absolutely, please post just about anything.

 |The first one is from "Shiny configuration.." section:

 | . iconv(3) functionality ... yes
 |WARN: cannot test iconv(3), do not know replacement

Yes, that message is misleading, i hacked that stuff up yesterday
in order to be able to finally get over deducing iconv(3) from
iconv(1) behaviour and thus be able to perform better tests, so
this is a bit rough yet, sorry.

I have seen this too, on OpenBSD and Solaris -- i think it is
a GNU libiconv bug, it fails to convert UTF-8 – (U+2014, EM DASH)
to ASCII, but instead of replacing the three bytes with some kind
of replacement, the iconv(3) call fails with EILSEQ error, stating
there is an invalid byte sequence in the input, which is wrong.
It has no consequences for S-nail except for one test being
skipped, but i will improve the error message today.

 |Second comes from compilation (gcc 7.2.0):
 |
 |..
 |  CC cmd-cnd.o
 |./accmacvar.c: In function 'a_amv_var_check_vips':
 |./accmacvar.c:982:18: warning: comparison between pointer and zero
 |character constant [-Wpointer-compare]
 |          if(*val != '\0'){
 |                  ^~
 |./accmacvar.c:982:13: note: did you mean to dereference the pointer?
 |          if(*val != '\0'){
 |             ^

Oops.  Ok, i lag behind a bit with gcc 6.4.0 and clang 5.0.1, and
those did not show this.  This is luckily not a problem, i have
a notational fix in the other window: Thanks for reporting that!

Ciao from me,

--steffen