Hallo Michael.

Michael Dressel wrote in
<alpine.lnx.2.21.99.1806060914001.4...@mpslx35017.desy.de>:
 |thank you very much for the quick response.

First: sorry that mailman held your message.  You are in
"automatically accept", but it seems some other rule wins here,
i do not know.

 |I think I should not have used the -r option. Because I wanted to set
 |a list of several addresses in the From: field and send carbon copies
 |to several addresses via Cc:.

Well yes, your command line was pretty chaotic, but i thought it
was for the test, excuse me please if i had misunderstood that.
Let's see..

 |Now I see, using -r replaces my From: field with the single
 |sender. It does correctly create the Cc: with a list of addresses.

After the bug was fixed, yes, it does again.

 |     $ </dev/null ./s-nail -:/ -d -s test -c a...@b.org,b...@b.org,c...@c.org
\
 |     -S expandaddr -S from=a...@b.org,b...@b.org,c...@c.org -S
sender=a...@b.org \
 |     -r a...@b.org b...@b.org /tmp/test.mail
 |     s-nail: P(seudo)R(andomNumber)G(enerator): *SSL RAND_*
 |     s-nail: >>> Writing message via /tmp/test.mail
 |     s-nail: >>> MTA: /usr/bin/sendmail, arguments: sendmail -i -f \
 |     a...@b.org -- b...@b.org a...@b.org c...@c.org
 |     s-nail: >>> Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2018 09:36:12 +0200
 |     s-nail: >>> From: a...@b.org
 |     s-nail: >>> Sender: a...@b.org
 |     s-nail: >>> To: b...@b.org
 |     s-nail: >>> Cc: a...@b.org, c...@c.org
 |     s-nail: >>> Subject: test
 |     s-nail: >>> Message-ID: <20180606073612.qnti...@b.org>
 |     s-nail: >>> User-Agent: s-nail v14.9.10
 |     s-nail: >>>
 |
 |But if I don't use -r the Cc: is not created. While the From: field is
 |set to the list, as I intended.
 |
 |     $ </dev/null ./s-nail -:/ -d -s test -c a...@b.org,b...@b.org,c...@c.org
\
 |     -S expandaddr -S from=a...@b.org,b...@b.org,c...@c.org -S
sender=a...@b.org \
 |     b...@b.org /tmp/test.mail
 |     s-nail: P(seudo)R(andomNumber)G(enerator): *SSL RAND_*
 |     s-nail: >>> Writing message via /tmp/test.mail
 |     s-nail: >>> MTA: /usr/bin/sendmail, arguments: sendmail -i -- b...@b.org
 |     s-nail: >>> Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2018 09:38:26 +0200
 |     s-nail: >>> From: a...@b.org, b...@b.org, c...@c.org
 |     s-nail: >>> Sender: a...@b.org
 |     s-nail: >>> To: b...@b.org
 |     s-nail: >>> Subject: test
 |     s-nail: >>> Message-ID: <20180606073826.tbu4...@b.org>
 |     s-nail: >>> User-Agent: s-nail v14.9.10
 |     s-nail: >>>

I see.  From a glance it seems alternates/metoo processing is too
aggressive, i am looking into this in a second!
Even more thanks for reporting and staying with us.

 |Well, yes your spider is quite impressive, so small and still capable
 |of beating man made products. And PETRA III is doing fine, thanks
 |for asking.

That is fantastic and fascinating!
I will report back when i have found and fixed the error.

--steffen