Steffen Nurpmeso wrote in <20180927222911.jvncp%stef...@sdaoden.eu>:
 |Cág wrote in <20180927215317.sicaq%c...@bitmessage.ch>:
 ||Suppose you don't have an Internet connection. Then you try something
 ||like this "file pop3s://user%40mailprovider etc etc" (I have
 ||"commandalias G" for that). In this case s-nail produces a segmentation
 ||fault and dumps a core that backtraces to libc. Why does it happen and
 ||should it?
 |
 |I will investigate, and _definetely_ not!
 |I am unpleasantly surprised, i have tested that in the past for
 |sure.
 |
 ||My system, if this matters, NetBSD.
 |
 |I hope not.

I cannot reproduce it at a glance via AlpineLinux:

  #?0!0/NONE[st#/var/spool/mail/steffen]? commandalias G file pop
  #?0!0/NONE[st#/var/spool/mail/steffen]? G

  You need a passphrase to unlock the secret key for
  user: "Steffen Nurpmeso <stef...@sdaoden.eu>"
  4096-bit RSA key, ID A57802DD, created 2017-11-30 (main key ID 1883A0DD)

  mail: Could not connect: Network is unreachable
  There are new messages in the error message ring (denoted by ERROR)
    The `errors' command manages this message ring
  ERROR# #?1!101/NETUNREACH[st#/var/spool/mail/steffen]?

It seems i have to boot my NetBSD 8 VM, it could be that the fix
takes until tomorrow, thus.  (Very slow, dependent on how weird it
is...)

 ||Thanks!

All in return!

--steffen