Try Haiti Take a pickup with a plow blade.
A better way is stay home with some BONE SUCKIN Mustard (from S C) That will
warm you up good.
John Armstrong
----- Original Message -----
From: Bob McCarthy
To: [email protected]
Sent: Wednesday, December 22, 2010 10:28 PM
Subject: {S-Scale List} Going to DULUTH?????!!!!
Ken,
Yikes! We southerners have been cowering under quilts in the thirties
at night. Recently, the weather folks announced possible snow for Christmas
here in COLUMBIA, SC, so we are retreating to KEY WEST for warmth!!
You folks are really brave<G>!
Respectfully shivering
Bob McCarthy
PS Jan is taking sweaters and sweats because it will be in the 60's in KW,
very cold for there.
--- On Thu, 12/23/10, mhrywest <[email protected]> wrote:
From: mhrywest <[email protected]>
Subject: {S-Scale List} Modeling questions
To: [email protected]
Date: Thursday, December 23, 2010, 2:27 AM
This afternoon, Steve Doyle, Jim Brown and I got together to start work on
our H10-44's from Smoky Mountain, OK so we were impressed but here are some
questions.
1. The cab end of the model is so open, has anyone done anything with the
interior? It sure seems like a great idea. If not, I am going up to Duluth to
get some shots of the interior in the H12-44 up there and do more thinking.
2. The unit has soooooooo much space for DCC and sound, where are folks
installing it? Opportunities I can see are under the floor in the cab (The
floor which is part of the interior from question 1. Or using the Railmaster
Bass Reflex speaker, have the speaker sound come out of the radiator screen on
top and the bass port sound out of the stacks. No matter how this sounded the
concept is just plain exciting.
3. The body casting is beautiful, I spent 2 careful hours taking off detail
that was not on the engine I am modeling,now I have to add some louvers. Is
there a louver detail add on similar to the rivets that you can buy?
3. Steve brought over his Imagine That, Industrial Building, WOW! this is an
amazing kit or for me as I am using more of a flat concept it is about 8 feet
of scenic beauty. I am mocking up my industrial area with Steve's parts until I
get the flat pieces I need. He also brought in a hotel kit, the dang thing
included every floor, the industrial building had the floors, interior posts
and supports. Serious stuff, I wonder where Steve will get enough furniture for
all the rooms in the hotel? I know he has some "figures" to use in one of the
rooms......
Well that is it for now, thanks in advance for any ideas. Enjoy the blessings
of the holidays, if you are like me, Santa does not bring any S Scale, but the
model train fairy seems to make enough trips to the basement that I am never in
short supply of projects.
Ken Zieska
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature
database 5726 (20101222) __________
The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.
http://www.eset.com
__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature
database 5726 (20101222) __________
The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.
http://www.eset.com
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
------------------------------------
Yahoo! Groups Links
<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/S-Scale/
<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional
<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/S-Scale/join
(Yahoo! ID required)
<*> To change settings via email:
[email protected]
[email protected]
<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
[email protected]
<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/