After four years in Minnesota (I am planning on five years sufficing for a 
lifetime supply), I've observed that the natives are odd--they seem to relish 
winter in a way that normal people don't (and I say that as having qualified as 
an interior Alaskan sourdough originally from New York State big-snow country). 
 No accounting for tastes, I suppose.
Apart from the rail museum, I'm not quite sure why anyone would visit Duluth 
even in the summer, but there do seem to be quite a few people around here who 
head north for the lakes in the summer and snowmobiling in the winter.  I find 
I become more opinionated as I age, and John has me by twenty years...

Jace Kahn

General Manager 
Ceres & Canisteo RR Co./Champlain County Traction Co.





> Try Haiti   Take a pickup with a plow blade.
> 
> A better way is stay home with some BONE SUCKIN Mustard (from S C) That will 
> warm you up good.
> John Armstrong
 
>   Ken,
> 
>        Yikes!  We southerners have been cowering under quilts in the thirties 
> at night.  Recently, the weather folks announced possible snow for Christmas 
> here in COLUMBIA, SC, so we are retreating to KEY WEST for warmth!!
> 
>        You folks are really brave<G>!
> 
>   Respectfully shivering
> 
>   Bob McCarthy
> 
>   PS  Jan is taking sweaters and sweats because it will be in the 60's in KW, 
> very cold for there.

                                          

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]



------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/S-Scale/

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/S-Scale/join
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    [email protected] 
    [email protected]

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [email protected]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Reply via email to