Somebody needs to invent a system that would transmit the sound to a device 
such as an iPod, so the engineer would hear only the sound of his engine.

Charles Weston

--- On Thu, 12/23/10, Bob Werre <[email protected]> wrote:

From: Bob Werre <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: {S-Scale List} Modeling questions
To: [email protected]
Date: Thursday, December 23, 2010, 1:02 PM







 



  


    
      
      
      Jim,  I'm going to agree with you about the loudness of some of the 

functions.  One thing that drove me crazy with the earlier Soundtraxx 

units was that the bell and horn/whistle were set with the same CV.  A 

very little bell goes a long way!



I think the only exception and one thing that so far the sound people 

have been unable to duplicate is the sound of a K class engine's whistle 

echoing off the mountain walls.  You can hear those whistles for miles 

down the canyons--a sound you'll never forget especially if you're 

walking the rails not far away!



Bob Werre

BobWphoto.com



On 12/23/10 8:27 AM, raisinone wrote:

>

> Ed:

> I've been impressed with the Railmaster speakers. I use them in both 

> LokSound and Tsunami applications, of course you have to choose the 

> correct ohm range. I mount them facing down, it is also a way to keep 

> the ever present basement dust and dirt out of them.

>

> I agree with your last sentence! Most guys run their sound way, way 

> too loud anyway. Twenty-one feet is about a quarter mile in S scale. 

> From the other side of the layout I probably should not be able to 

> hear the shovel clanking, diesel compressors venting, engineers 

> belching and all the other sounds offered through decoder CV's... 

> Sometimes less is actually more!

>

> Jim Kindraka

> Plymouth, WI ("Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow...")

>



[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]





    
     

    
    


 



  





[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]



------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/S-Scale/

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/S-Scale/join
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    [email protected] 
    [email protected]

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [email protected]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Reply via email to