Hi Simon,

On Sat, Apr 21, 2012 at 12:24:24PM +0000, Simon King wrote:
> Metaclasses are used in Sage in various ways, but so far there is no
> framework for it.  By consequence, it is not straight forward to
> combine the features provided by different metaclasses.
> Do you think this could be useful?

The current approach is certainly ad-hoc and ugly; I have been loosely
thinking about things along the lines of what you suggest, and I am
glad you pushed this to an actual proof of concept: it's both natural
and lovely :-)

At the same time, it's getting far enough from the KISS principle to
get me uncomfortable. Isn't the use of meta-meta classes overkill (and
thus potentially fragile, if we are not sure of a Python/Cython rock
solid support) for the problem at hand?

Honestly, I really don't know ...