On Tuesday, 11 September 2012 20:03:43 UTC+8, John Cremona wrote:

> I think this is a great idea.  Volker's invariants are maps from the
> space of binary forms over some ring R into the coefficient ring, for
> example the discriminant will always be one.  So I would have thought
> to put them into the polynomials code (note that is_homogeneous() is
> defined in rings/polynomial/multi_polynomial_libsingular.pyx).
>
> Volker, will you also include what I call seminvariants?

Yes, it's great, but I would rather like to see it packaged as invariants
of a representation of SL(2,C), not
as invariants of a binary form.
I CC this to sage-combinat, where they might have better ideas about where
this should fit...
(and they actually might have some stuff in this direction already)