On 11 September 2012 13:16, Volker Braun <vbraun.n...@gmail.com> wrote:
> But I need the classical invariants / covariants with their conventional
> names and normalizations in the literature. I'm not trying to do the most
> general SL(n,C) representation theory here.

I agree (for my own applications).  Of course I do not mind if the
functionality is provided by some more general framework, but you must
admit that (for example) binary forms do have quantities associated
with them called invariants, which users should be able to get their
hands on.  I don't think we would be very popular if it was not
possible to get the discriminant of a polynomial without constructing
a representation!

John