> Tour main goal should be getting books into university libraries
> around the world and not making nice hardcopies for advanced users.

Noble goal. But why filling libraries with hardcopies if it is cheaper
for them to store an electronic version on some server?

I certainly like books and I like old libraries, but it will not take
much longer that reading an electronic version of some information is as
comfortable as reading a printed book. The information is important, not
the hardcopy. And publishing houses are dying out.

I don't see a very good reason that they exist if all the hard work of
bringing the information into shape is anyway left to the scientist(s)
who write the book/tutorial/article. They are (at most) a marketing
machinery.

A book should never be judged by what its publishing house is, but
solely by the quality of its contents.

Ralf