Alpha 2 builds fine on x86 Gentoo, but it has a whole bunch of make test
errors.
The entire list of files is below.  The ones I reran and looked at individually
all seem to be related to singular.  I know basically nothing about interacting
with singular aside from through sage so I don't really know how to debug any
further than a cursory inspection.

--
Joel

The following tests failed:
        sage -t  devel/sage-main/sage/ext/interactive_constructors_c.pyx
        sage -t  devel/sage-main/sage/interfaces/singular.py
        sage -t  devel/sage-main/sage/interfaces/gap.py
        sage -t  devel/sage-main/sage/libs/cf/cf.pyx
        sage -t  devel/sage-main/sage/rings/homset.py
        sage -t  devel/sage-main/sage/rings/quotient_ring.py
        sage -t  devel/sage-main/sage/rings/quotient_ring_element.py
        sage -t  devel/sage-main/sage/rings/multi_polynomial_ideal.py
        sage -t  devel/sage-main/sage/rings/morphism.py
        sage -t  devel/sage-main/sage/rings/polynomial_singular_interface.py
        sage -t  devel/sage-main/sage/rings/power_series_ring_element.pyx
        sage -t  devel/sage-main/sage/rings/multi_polynomial_libsingular.pyx
        sage -t  devel/sage-main/sage/rings/groebner_fan.py
        sage -t  devel/sage-main/sage/rings/ring.pyx
        sage -t  devel/sage-main/sage/schemes/generic/algebraic_scheme.py
        sage -t  devel/sage-main/sage/schemes/generic/affine_space.py
        sage -t  devel/sage-main/sage/schemes/generic/morphism.py
        sage -t  devel/sage-main/sage/schemes/generic/divisor.py
        sage -t  devel/sage-main/sage/schemes/generic/projective_space.py
        sage -t  devel/sage-main/sage/schemes/plane_curves/projective_curve.py
        sage -t  devel/sage-main/sage/schemes/plane_curves/curve.py
        sage -t  devel/sage-main/sage/schemes/plane_curves/affine_curve.py
        sage -t  devel/sage-main/sage/schemes/plane_curves/constructor.py
        sage -t  devel/sage-main/sage/structure/element.pyx
        sage -t  devel/sage-main/sage/calculus/calculus.py
        sage -t  devel/sage-main/sage/functions/functions.py
        sage -t  devel/sage-main/sage/functions/constants.py
Total time for all tests: 1431.5 seconds