On Fri, 02 Nov 2007 00:08:40 -0700, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Thu, 1 Nov 2007, William Stein wrote:
>> On 11/1/07, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>>> Under the way I've implemented this, the
>>> action on the list [1,...,n] is trivially
>>> isomorphic to the group structure.  You
>>> seem to be using a left-action which
>>             ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>>
>> I am using a left action.
>
> ... failure to type ... I meant right action.

Now we are getting somewhere, maybe.  I'm thinking of the
natural (to me!) right action and you're thinking
of the left action got by inverting the permutation and acting
in the natural way :-).

I guess I just don't think permutation (which are functions) should
act on the left.  It's repulsive to me.    I guess there's just
not much more to say than that.

  -- William

--
William Stein