On Feb 18, 2008 10:08 AM, Roman Pearce <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Feb 18, 6:21 am, Bill Hart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Laurent Bernardin and Michael B. Monagan.
> > Efficient Multivariate Factorization Over Finite Fields.
>
> If Sage has or can get fast LLL you should implement the new algorithm
> of Mark van Hoeij.

Sage does have a very fast LLL implementation (fpLLL by Damien Stehle).
However, I don't know of any new (or old) algorithm by Mark van Hoeij
that addresses the problem of "Efficient Multivariate Factorization Over
Finite Fields" using LLL.  Could you please clarify.

I am aware of Mark's algorithms for univariate polynomial factorization
over global fields using LLL.

 -- William