Yes we do, otherwise it doesn't make sense mathematically. There are lots
of different metrics I can use on 2D vectors that make sense. Otherwise any
(physical paper) maps would be very impractical. I think it is generally
bad practice to assign mathematical significant things to classes that are
not used for mathematical purposes.

I have no idea what your argument is for the second part. Separations of
concerns means object A (in this case, an object for drawing something in
3D) only does things that are meant for object A (drawing stuff) and not do
things that are meant for object B (a vector or line segment in Euclidean
space). It has nothing to do with what you use to actually do the
implementation. If you are worried about linking together stuff that
shouldn't be needed, that to me is a code smell.

Best,
Travis