> I have no idea what your argument is for the second part. Separations of
> concerns means ...

I didn't use the phrase in its precise meaning (so I quoted it)

I meant that you can write pythagorean formula, which is just what you need
to compute the length of a line segment object,  without using Sage vectors
and norms heavy machinery. For drawing, you only need simple maths.
Moreover "Python only" seems necessary because of sage modularization
effort.