On Thursday, September 15, 2022 at 9:04:09 AM UTC-7 Matthias Koeppe wrote:

> On Thursday, September 15, 2022 at 6:21:09 AM UTC-7 Eric Gourgoulhon wrote:
>
>> I don't understand why in the post
>> https://groups.google.com/g/sage-devel/c/QooOF1GLMOs
>> Matthias asked to remove developer names from
>> (1) https://trac.sagemath.org/#AccountNamesMappedtoRealNames
>> Aren't we loosing information here?
>> I of course understand there is now
>> https://github.com/sagemath/website/blob/master/conf/contributors.xml
>> and that duplication is the root of all evil, but if a read-only mirror
>> of Trac is maintained, the list (1) would be useful to contact a Sage
>> developer regarding a specific ticket.
>>

> No, the data is not lost. It is *migrated* to
> https://github.com/sagemath/website/blob/master/conf/contributors.xml,
> where it will be preserved (including the Trac usernames).

To add to this: The purpose of my request to remove your info after merging
it into contributors.xml is the following:
In 2 weeks or so, I'll bulk-merge the remaining info into contributors.xml;
and I will do a cursory review of each item.
By removing your already-merged data from the source, you'll save me the
time to check which of the information (in contributors.xml or Trac) is
more current.