I would like to ask about a point that does not seem to have been discussed
before (apologies if it was):
If the migration to Gihub takes place, would there remain somewhere a
read-only copy of Trac? more precisely, of all the Trac tickets? The
numerous discussions there constitute a valuable database, certainly useful
for future Sage code development.
In this respect, I don't understand why in the post
https://groups.google.com/g/sage-devel/c/QooOF1GLMOs
Matthias asked to remove developer names from
(1) https://trac.sagemath.org/#AccountNamesMappedtoRealNames
Aren't we loosing information here?
I of course understand there is now
https://github.com/sagemath/website/blob/master/conf/contributors.xml
and that duplication is the root of all evil, but if a read-only mirror of
Trac is maintained, the list (1) would be useful to contact a Sage
developer regarding a specific ticket.

There is mention of "conversion of Trac tickets and the Trac wiki to
Github" at
https://github.com/sagemath/sage/wiki/migration-from-trac-to-Git**b
which might cover the point raised above, but this is not clear to me.

Eric.