+1 from me to include Pynac/GiNaC in Sage,

Martin Albrecht asked about the Windows porting issue: I looked at the
GiNaC code and it is very clean C++. The maintainer is willing to
merge MSVC related patches where needed, i.e. export statements for
the symbols we need. I am not aware of any other issues that need
fixing.

The current reason that there is no MSVC target to build GiNaC is the
lack of an non-gcc port of CLN which does not apply any more since
William removed the dependency on CLN. So I will fix the problem with
MSVC during the Windows port. There are now also CLN patches to build
with MSVC, but I have not taken a closer look at those.

Considering the alternatives (GIAC, code written from scratch) this is
by far the best solution IMHO.

Cheers,

Michael