> I am sorry for that.

Don't be!

Just to be perfectly clear, I'm not trying to be totalitarian here. I
think the following is a good rule of thumb:

If there is anything on the ticket that needs to be merged, even if it
is part of another ticket or implied by another ticket, or there is
anyone around who thinks the ticket should not be closed, contact your
local release manager instead of closing it yourself.

Also, some release managers might want credit for closing an
irrelevant ticket during their release (I don't care but some might).

--
Robert L. Miller
http://www.rlmiller.org/