Yes, I have an assumption that (at some point)
just about everything "worth" (undefined) exploitation
will be exploited.
Time between invention and exploitation... variable.
Obviously SOMEONE has to be first and it is my opinion
that if nobody has (yet) jumped in to do sage support
then it has been unattractive to those who have
considered it so far.

I have also assumed that you (William in particular, but
others who teach and are close to the development) would
be aware if any of your students are supporting sage
ex-curricular.  Undergrads do this sort of thing, post grads too.
Some quit their studies and make their zillions while
the (particular) iron is hot (-:
A few web searches for "sage support" and similar terms might
turn up some moonlighters, or nothing in addition to the forums and docs.

I don't think there is evidence before us, either in support of
or against a market for sage support/service.