Le 12/01/2012 05:10, William Stein a écrit :

On Wednesday, January 11, 2012, Michael Orlitzky <mich...@orlitzky.com
<mailto:mich...@orlitzky.com>> wrote:
 > On 01/11/2012 03:40 AM, Jeroen Demeyer wrote:
 >>
 >> True, but we're talking a different order of magnitude here.  Speeding
 >> up the atlas installation by just 5% would save more time than removing
 >> both bzip2 and patch.
 >>

 > If we want to be sure that the user has bzip2 installed, we should
just bzip the source tarballs =)

We also *need* the bzip2 devel library and headers so that the Python
bzip2 module gets built.

Ah, ha! So there is an hidden dependency of the python spkg on the bzip2 spkg!

Would the sage maintainers accept a patch making that explicit?

Snark