On Monday, May 19, 2014 11:52:13 AM UTC+2, Volker Braun wrote:

> Since my review request for the urgent bugfix for this:
>
>     sage: RLF(0) < oo
>     False
>
> has been hijacked by an open-ended discussion about and whether grants
> ought to be acknowledged in the source tree, I'd like to break out that
> discussion into a separate thread.
>
> Questions:
> * Should sources contain acknowledgements at all
> * If a Sage release gets a DOI, are we required by some funding agency to
> acknowledge grants in it?
> * Do the people writing the rules at the funding agency have a policy? a
> clue?
>
> My proposal:
>
> Create a top-level Acknowledgements.txt file, and put them in there if you
> must.

I agree with the rest of the opinions, a top-level Acknowledgement.txt is
OK for but the sources should not contain acknowledgements. Most of the
contributions to Sage do not have an "author" filled in the sources. If you
want to look who did that and when you search in the revision history. So
the Ack could also be there.