Christian's point is key. The absolute hardest problem to solve is where to
anchor semantic information so that others can contribute to it easily,
because his project requires lots of microcontributions (cf. Nielsen's
Reinventing Discovery)
Right now, by lack of a better place, it is put in sage. According to me,
this is a sensible short term solution, step 1 if you want. Step 2 is that
the LMFDB starts to do the same thing putting semantic information on empty
classes and methods. Step 3 is that we find a better way, armed with two
use cases. I don't think we are ready to go to step 3 yet.
Paul

Paul-Olivier Dehaye
SNF Professor of Mathematics
University of Zurich