Yooooooo !

> I think we can discuss code and ideas without being rude. If I receive a
rude comment, I have neither the energy nor the time to find the ideas in
it, and I shouldn't have to do it (and neither should you).

Well, rudeness happen because of misunderstandings. Of course we can
discuss code without being rude, but sometimes it is also different
standards, that's all. Look at the 0-based Permutation thing: you have your
standard, I have mine. I will never find that yours makes sense, you will
never find that mine makes sense. But one of us will always have to use the
other's standard. There is nothing fair in that, and it will not be fair
whatever the choice. Plus there is no exchange possible, it's not like we
can make deals over that.

Dictators are cool for this kind of things :-P

> The point of the code of conduct is not to make us change our general
behaviour. I think, most of time, we're doing ok. Even in this post, it's
not that bad. Just it happens that, sometimes, someone crosses the line and
I find it good that we write down what being respectful means to us, that's
all.

Yeah, but it's like building guns. Eventually, somebody will point it at
someone. And then it will not be about "being friendly", it will be about
"the rules that are written". Personally, this is the only thing I want to
avoid. Nobody here ever meant to claim that it was not right to be friendly
and patient.

Nathann