Am 2015-05-06 um 20:07 schrieb Jeroen Demeyer:
> On 2015-05-06 20:00, Clemens Heuberger wrote:
>>> I'm happy to switch to closed when I merge it, and not only when it tests
>>> ok.
>>> The downside is that you'll get more emails as I'll inevitably have to
>>> reopen
>>> tickets, but merging/unmerging is scripted anyways. Eventually the merge
>>> will be
>>> done by a script, so ideally tickets will only stay for seconds in the
>>> positive_review state then. Essentially, we'll get rid of positive_review
>>> state
>>> and any opportunity to make changes. Which ends up being the same as just
>>> agreeing not to make changes to positive_review tickets right now. We can
>>> also
>>> enforce this (require trac admin permissions for changing away from
>>> positive_review) if you don't trust others...
>>
>> This thread did not get any more answers for ~ two weeks now.
>> I have the impression that this proposal here did not get negative reactions.
> Fine, I'll give a negative reaction: I don't like that there is no window of
> time to adjust a branch after positive_review. It can easily happen that some
> trivial issue is found after positive_review, it can also happen that a ticket
> got set to positive_review by accident.
>
> And it just feels like an unneeded restriction that tickets shouldn't be
> changed
> after positive_review: there is no fundamental reason why positive_review
> should
> be final.

I think that the proposal consisted of two parts, my previous post was too
unprecise in that respect.

1) When the release manager starts to work on a ticket, he sets it to "closed"
in order to avoid further modification. This might lead to reopening closed
tickets when a problem arises in the merge.

2) The second part was about the "automatic merge".

I did not see opposition to 1.

There was some opposition to 2, which, IMHO, is something which might (or not)
occur in the future, but without immediate consequences.

If I understand it correctly, Jeroen's negative reaction is against 2, not
against closing a ticket in order to avoid the race conflicts.

Regards, CH