Hello,

The mail of Nathann posted on 24 Aug. 2016 [1], [2] cross posted on sage-support and sage-devel did not reach sage-devel. My answer to him did not reach sage-devel either.

It was clearly not spam. Possibly considered as flame (but the thread was not moved to sage-flame). I would be happy to know what happend... And it would be better to take this kind of hard decision with a minimum of common agreement (unless google had a bug in its mailing-list software ;-).

Best,
Vincent

[1] https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/sage-support/Sn_yMvyfmNg
[2] (dead link) https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/sage-devel/uMKrfulyAzw

************************
from Nathann:

Quote from William Stein, CEO of SageMath Inc (private for-profit
Delaware company) [1]

    So there is no confusion, my top priority right now is to **make a lot
    of money** by building a profitable company on open source software
    (Latex, Linux, Sage, Octave, R, etc.)

    (full post)
    https://groups.google.com/d/msg/sage-devel/B3WnJr6S1bw/JQ_jvOITBAAJ

This post being entirely factual, I shouldn't be held responsible for
its content.

Nathann

[1] http://www.edgarcompany.sec.gov/servlet/CompanyDBSearch?page=detailed&cik=0001634867&main_back=23
from me:

Hi Nathann,

But you are responsible for hiding the rest of the message...

- William's strategy is: making money with SageMath Inc and use this money to continue (i.e. after having started Sage) building an open source ecosystem for mathematical computations.

- Not every Sage developer thinks that SageMath Inc is a good way for improving SageMath.

Argued e-mails are much more fruitful than "factual" ones hiding calumnies.

Cheers,
Vincent