On Wednesday, September 21, 2016 at 11:35:30 AM UTC-5, Thierry
(sage-googlesucks@xxx) wrote:

> Hi,
>
> bikeshedding for bikeshedding:
>
> - if we decide to centralize everything in a single file (but we should be
>   aware that a backward move (e.g. for modularization) will require some
>   work), why not using bibtex (there must be some sphinx interface
>   somewhere), to that we keep all information with proper fields (might
>   also be good for pdf rendering) ?
>
> - regarding the citation link, explicit is better than implicit, avoids
>   collisions, and is not that verbose: [Milnor1958], [AuthorCoauthor2016],
>
>  At what point do you stop (i.e., how many authors or characters?), and
what do you switch to? What about those really long names?

Generally speaking, [AC2016] will very likely not have any collisions and
it saves on overall space, which is part of the reasons why we have
citations to references (it's a fallacy, but why not just put the full
citation in every place, be super explicit?).

Best,
Travis