Thanks. If that is the case, then presumably this *is* a bug in Sage Math
and Func_assoc_legendre_P should distinguish the special cases for n == m
when x > 1 or x < 1 when evaluating associated Legendre polynomials.

Would you be able to clarify the distinction between Ferrers functions of
the first kind and associated Legendre functions for a non-expert? Wolfram
Mathworld seems to suggest that they are the same:
http://mathworld.wolfram.com/FerrersFunction.html