Oh, by the way, Wolfram Mathworld is just completely wrong on this page you
referenced.
There is a huge difference between the two functions.
Also, there is no such thing as an associated Legendre polynomial.
There is a Legendre polynomials, but if you take the degrees and orders to
be integers for associated Legendre functions, they don't always end up
being polynomials, as you can see from the formulas which I showed earlier
in this thread.