Thank you for the quick replies. It is the system's default compiler – no
idea why it is so old.

export FFLAS_FFPACK_CONFIGURE="-disable-fma -disable-fma4 -disable-avx
> -disable-avx2"

Hm, that did not work, giving still the same error for fflas-ffpack. I
assume I would have to disable AVX 512 as well?

Though, I guess it is better to have it than not. Using gcc 8.3.1 from
devtoolset-8 works successfully.