On Thu, Sep 12, 2019 at 5:55 PM John Cremona <john.crem...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On ubuntu, upgrade from previous beta, python3 configured: make ptestlong
> succeeds except for
>
> sage -t --long --warn-long 81.2 src/sage/libs/gap/element.pyx  # 147 doctests
> failed

this looks like a mis-build of sorts.

Maybe also some crud in ~/.sage/, stale GAP workspace, maybe...
Could you try moving it out of the way and re-run the test?

By the way, I have a fun error if I switch from Python3 to Python2 and re-build,
also coming from something in ~/.sage (it goes away after I remove ~/.sage/)

File "src/sage/symbolic/maxima_wrapper.py", line 81, in
sage.symbolic.maxima_wrapper.MaximaWrapper.__getattr__
Failed example:
    s.completions('u.airy_',globals())
Expected:
    ['u.airy_ai', 'u.airy_bi', 'u.airy_dai', 'u.airy_dbi']
Got:
    [u'u.airy_ai', u'u.airy_bi', u'u.airy_dai', u'u.airy_dbi']

I guess iPython hard-wires some stuff for Python3, and it's not good
for Python2...