On Thursday, September 12, 2019 at 12:30:34 PM UTC-7, Dima Pasechnik wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 12, 2019 at 5:55 PM John Cremona <john....@gmail.com
> <javascript:>> wrote:
> >
> > On ubuntu, upgrade from previous beta, python3 configured: make
> ptestlong succeeds except for
> >
> > sage -t --long --warn-long 81.2 src/sage/libs/gap/element.pyx  # 147
> doctests failed
> >

> this looks like a mis-build of sorts.
>
> Maybe also some crud in ~/.sage/, stale GAP workspace, maybe...
> Could you try moving it out of the way and re-run the test?
>
> By the way, I have a fun error if I switch from Python3 to Python2 and
> re-build,
> also coming from something in ~/.sage (it goes away after I remove
> ~/.sage/)
>
> File "src/sage/symbolic/maxima_wrapper.py", line 81, in
> sage.symbolic.maxima_wrapper.MaximaWrapper.__getattr__
> Failed example:
>     s.completions('u.airy_',globals())
> Expected:
>     ['u.airy_ai', 'u.airy_bi', 'u.airy_dai', 'u.airy_dbi']
> Got:
>     [u'u.airy_ai', u'u.airy_bi', u'u.airy_dai', u'u.airy_dbi']
>
> I guess iPython hard-wires some stuff for Python3, and it's not good
> for Python2...

It's odd that this would come from something in ~/.sage. I typically have
multiple builds of Sage in different directories, some from scratch, some
upgrades, some Python 2, some Python 3. They all share the same ./sage
(that's the default behavior, right? I haven't set DOTSAGE), and I've never
see this error.

--
John