Thu 2019-09-26 06:21 UTC, Markus Wageringel:

> With Python 2, I got a (transient) timeout in
>
>     src/sage/parallel/map_reduce.py
>
> There seems to be a race condition. It is difficult for me to reproduce.
> Has anyone seen this before?

Yes, it comes up once in a while. See previous mentions in sage-release:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/sage-release/map_reduce%7Csort:date

and occasionally on sage-devel:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/sage-devel/map_reduce%7Csort:date