I do not think it is a jsMath bug.  If I understand you, by "works
correctly" you mean that Firefox doesn't show the font warning message
(while IE7 does, which you consider not working correctly).  You have
tried several means of installing the jsMath image fonts as a solution
to this problem.

The jsMath font warning message actually has nothing to do with
whether the image fonts are installed or not.  It has to do with
whether the user who is reading your page has the jsMath TTF fonts
installed on their computer or not.  If they don't, the message will
appear and jsMath will fall back on the image fonts. (If you don't
have the image fonts installed, then jsMath would report the infamous
-7 error during startup).

It turns out that jsMath used to use a different set of TTF fonts that
where created by BaKoMa for use with TeX installations, but they ended
up being problematic, so I made jsMath-specific TTF fonts to get
around those problems.  Under some circumstances, however, jsMath can
still make use of the older BaKoMa fonts, and so if these are
available, it will use them rather than the image fonts.  That is
probably what is happening for your Firefox, as the BaKoMa fonts are
used by Firefox as part of its MathML implementation, so you probably
have them for that, whereas your IE7 users don't have them installed.
(I'm not sure what fonts the MathPlayer plugin for MathML in IE
requires.)

In any case, the way to eliminate the font warning message is to
install the necessary fonts on the users machine (not install image
fonts on the server, which you should do anyway).

If you really want to remove the font warning message even when the
user doesn't have the fonts, you can change the showFontWarnings
setting to 0 in the jsMath/easy/load.js file that you are using.

The font warning message is there so that your users can tell that
they would have a better experience of your page if they installed the
fonts.  It is actually an indication of jsMath working CORRECTLY, not
an error.  When the message is issued, jsMath should continue to work,
but will use the image fonts rather than native fonts, which produces
somewhat poorer quality rendering, doesn't rescale if you change the
font sizes, and doesn't print well.  If you remove the warning, the
users will never know that they could have better rendering and better
printing.

Davide