This problem was just reported again on sage-support.  To those who
reported it (Gary, Jeannine), did you use the 64-bit binary?  That was
the one which caused the problem on the most recent report.  Does the
32-bit binary work properly for you?  (The error messages above all
say it's looking for files in "/Users/was/build/64bit/
sage-4.1.1.alpha1/spkg/build/python-2.6.2.p1/src/libpython2.6.a" which
of course will not live on most people's computers, and maybe somehow
William's 64-bit build did something funky.)

- kcrisman