Hi,

On Sat, 21 Nov 2009 14:02:16 +0100
Burcin Erocal <bur...@erocal.org> wrote:

> I can't believe I'm looking at these hashes for the third time. I
> finally took some time to think about this, and found an (almost)
> perfect hash function to replace my previous braindead implementation.
> I hope we won't run into this problem again. :)
>
> This is now #7508:
>
> http://trac.sagemath.org/sage_trac/ticket/7508

There is a new pynac package linked from that ticket. You need to apply
the patch from #7490 before you can run Sage with it.

The new hash function doesn't have any collisions for a symbolic
function with 10 arguments, up to derivatives of order 11. I used a
customized FNV hash [1], with a prime multiplier chosen to accommodate
the low integer values we get for each entry of the parameter set.

[1] http://isthe.com/chongo/tech/comp/fnv/

Cheers,
Burcin