On Dec 4, 1:53 pm, Dima Pasechnik <dimp...@gmail.com> wrote:
> just a side remark - IMHO notebooks are not designed for any kind of
> large-scope project.

I'm not using them for a "large-scope project", I'm using them for
teaching pattern recognition and image processing.  That means that I
create lots of simple notebooks, a few for each lecture, published so
that students can look at them, copy them, and experiment.  That seems
to me like a primary use case for Sage.  By and large, notebooks are
good for that, they're just a bit buggy and hard to back up/restore.

I'm not even attempting to use it for my research yet.   For that,
there really are some features missing.

Tom